Saturday, July 06, 2019

FAREWELL

I carry all your secrets under my skin
and seal everything with this my last kiss.
The air around me still feels like a cage
and I feel I cannot breathe
my heart beat so fast that echoed in my hears
it was just yesterday I told you my farwell.
Now I feel empty and confuse
but I cannot cry, and I don't know why.
Maybe because although was a closure
it was yet again beautiful
like the first time when everything started.
How a farewell can feel beautyful?
Maybe because it wasn't a farewell after all.
I love you enough to let you go
but you cannot actually walk away from someone
if your soul had decided to stay
so I run away before you know
wearing my smile as better as I could
while deep inside I was at war with my feelings.
I let you at your fate
and break myself on the way
you gave me up to play safe
leaving me on my own
hanging on a hope.
Angels lie to keep control
but I am not an angel after all
and if you still care
don't ever let me know.

© Diana Mistera 2019





No comments:

Post a Comment