Tuesday, June 30, 2020

UNDER THE WATERS

I don't see the bottom in this sea
and the storm is near
I feel its sharp touch on my soul.
I don't see if under me
there are pikes
or sharks, which could swallow me in one bite.

You can see
even in the depth of the surface, I know, 
you carry the same depth within you,
but you only see sharks, 
yet
encourage me to dare
because you don't trust your senses.
You have never dived so dangerously, have you?
Neither do I.
And the depth of these waters
can find our Achilles heel
and like a spear strikes us mercilessly, without warning.

You do this to me ...
take me adrift
further and further away from the safe beach
and I'm dizzy and I'm scared
but I hear your voice calling me and I can no longer ignore it
even if I don't understand if it's a desperate cry
to ward off sharks ... or me.

You made me discover that I have a secret power
I don't want to hide anymore
I don't want to freeze, I don't want to run away
I don't want to lose you, I will fight to have you
to reach you, I will not give you up.

Do you hear it, when I cry out your name underwater?
Am I drowning or rising to the surface again?

© Diana Mistera 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment