Tuesday, September 22, 2026

BEAUTIFULLY BROKEN

 I keep your promises like a loaded gun,

And fire them into dreams before the dawn.

The fading night still echoes what you’ve done,

A shadow tracing where your warmth has gone.

In every sudden silence, you remain

A heavy ghost inside the empty space.

I linger on the borderlands of pain,

Where lost and found are impossible to trace.

The twilight blurs the edges of the room,

Your voice, a whisper in the evening haze.

A phantom echo drifting through the gloom,

To trap me in the labyrinth of your gaze.

Two reckless hearts that spin around, undone,

I stop pretending everything is fine.

I’d rather break beneath a rising sun

Than end this endless sake of yours and mine.

The daylight bleeds across the bedroom floor,

To sweep away the wreckage of the night.

Yet still, I brace against the closing door,

And surrender to the ghost I cannot fight.


©Diana Mistera



No comments:

Post a Comment